Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Do we need yet another IDE (SQL development assistant) for PostgreSQL?

вс, 15 июл. 2018 г. в 23:51, Ravi Krishna <sravikrishna3@xxxxxxxxx>:
1. dbeaver covers many DBMS and even nosql.  Many shops are not one product specific.  That is definitely a plus.
On the other hand it is hard to support unique features of PostgreSQL in a tool that attempts to cover all the world.
I can't say about DBeaver, but as a rule, cool-abstracted-cross-DBMS-drivers are often limited and don't support many
unique features of a concrete DBMS.
2. Lightweight tool which can run even from command line will be a plus for the product you are thinking to develop.
Yes. In fact, I have a prototype of such a tool, and use it from command line are useful. For example,
if I run it in *compilation* buffer of Emacs, I can easily navigate to the place of error occured at the time of
database/schema deployment.
3. Who cares in what language it is developed?
Many people, in fact. The reasons are different.