Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Open Source tool to deploy/promote PostgreSQL DDL

On 07/10/2018 05:04 PM, Hustler DBA wrote:
Thanks Adrian and Rich,
I will propose sqitch to the client, but I think they want something with a GUI frontend.

They want to deploy database changes, track which environments the change was deployed to, be able to rollback a change (with a rollback script), track when and if the change was rolled back and in which environment/database... so pretty much a deployment and tracking GUI software with a frontend.

In the past, for doing database deployments to Oracle, I created a tool using PHP (frontend/backend), MySQL (repository to track deployments and store deployment logs) and scripted the release scripts for deployment and rollback, and had my tool manage the scripts up the environments. The client is "looking" for something more open source for PostgreSQL. Do we have anything similar to this?

Neil

open a github,gitlab,sorceforge repo, switch to postgres and make your opensource