Search Postgresql Archives

Question re: pldbgapi

Hi, all.

I'm trying to debug a rather complicated function using pldbgapi in pgAdmin III and am running into an annoying problem. In order to set breakpoints, I need to execute the query that invokes the function. It then stops at the first line and allows me to set breakpoints. However, I cannot figure out a way to suppress that first line break after doing so!

I have some unexpected conditions being hit and need to let it run on a rather large data set, breaking into the debugger ONLY when one of my breakpoints is reached. Pressing the "continue" button 1.4M times does not seem very practical :-).

Am I missing something obvious? Is there really no way to have it free-run after manually setting breakpoints?

Steve