Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Clarifying "timestamp with time zone"

On Fri, Jun 15, 2018 at 12:24 PM, Jeremy Finzel <finzelj@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
So it seems to me that "timestamp with time zone" is a misnomer in a big way, and perhaps it's worth at least clarifying the docs about this, or even renaming the type or providing an aliased type that means the same thing, something like timestamputc.  Maybe I'm crazy but I would appreciate any feedback on this and how easily it confuses.

​If you present a doc patch that people agree improves the situation it will likely be committed.

I don't see any effort in the data type​ area being worthwhile though.  Renaming is impossible and an alias is probably just going to confuse matters even further by giving people one more thing they need to understand.

David J.