Search Postgresql Archives

Software that can automatically make sense of a DB's tables and ID names

People,

I haven't really been keeping up with what is happening in the PG world - now I have an old Discourse DB that I want to extract some of the categories and topics from to insert into the current setup. What I was wondering is if anyone has developed software in recent years that can look at the DB as a whole and automatically make sense of how all the tables relate to each other - assuming a sensible naming convention has been used for IDs etc - and allows one to browse the tables easily without having to manually type lots of SQL statements.

Discourse now has a utility for exporting and importing to do this sort of stuff but I don't have a running setup for the old data - just a data dump . .

Thanks,

Phil.
--
Philip Rhoades