Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Query running for 12 hours

On 05/30/2018 07:19 AM, Yavuz Selim Sertoğlu wrote:

    On 05/30/2018 06:54 AM, Yavuz Selim Sertoğlu wrote:

        I am just a regular dba so I dont know what's sent from
        application exactly but I assume now()-1 week.
        In the log file, there are two more same queries. And their
        value is *2018-05-23 02:00:00*

    And these queries are not showing up in pg_stat_activity as still
    active?

*>> I think these were completed so they are not in pg_stat_activity.*

Remaining suggestions/questions:

1) If it still exists look in Postgres log around 2018-05-30 02:00:00, the time the problematic queries started, to see if there are any entries of note.

2) You are on Postgres 9.5.3 and the most recent release 9.5.13. There have been a lot of bug fixes in the interim and it would be a good idea to upgrade. It is minor release upgrade but I would go through the release notes first:

https://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.5/static/release.html

as there some thing that might require your action.

3) I suggest 2) because a quick scan of the release notes found this:

https://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.5/static/release-9-5-11.html

"

Cope with failure to start a parallel worker process (Amit Kapila, Robert Haas)

Parallel query previously tended to hang indefinitely if a worker could not be started, as the result of fork() failure or other low-probability problems.
"

Is it possible that parallel query:

https://www.postgresql.org/docs/10/static/when-can-parallel-query-be-used.html

is in use?