Search Postgresql Archives

void function and view select

Hello,

I have got a complex query with a dynamic column result e.g.:

select builddata('_foo‘);
select * from _foo;

The first is a plsql function which creates a temporary table, but the function returns void.
The second call returns all the data from this table. But the columns of the temporary table are
not strict fixed, so I cannot return a table by the function.
So my question is, how can I build with this two lines a view, so that I can run "select * from myFooView“ or
a function with a dynamic return set of columns e.g. „select myFoo()“?

Thanks

Phil