Search Postgresql Archives

Re: comparison between 2 execution plans

On 05/05/2018 10:51 AM, Neto pr wrote:
Dear,

    On 05/05/2018 06:26 AM, Neto pr wrote:

    It might help if you explained what 'version with source code
    changed by me' means?

Postgresql with modified source code, is that I modified some internal functions of cost (source code) and parameters in Postgresql.conf so that it is possible for the DBMS to differentiate cost of read (random and sequence) and write (random and sequence), this is because reading in SSDs' and more than 400 times faster than HDD. This is due to academic research that I am doing.

Seems to me that the above may enter into the difference between instances. Someone with more knowledge of the Postgres internals then I would need to comment, contingent on seeing the changes I would presume.

Also from my previous post:

Any reason why the index changed between instances?

    Also the schema for the table lineitem from both instances might
    help shed light.

see schema of the tables below:
https://docs.snowflake.net/manuals/_images/sample-data-tpch-schema.png

I am using 40g scale, in this way the lineitem table has (40 * 6 million) 240 million of the rows.

    Any reason why the index changed between instances?

        index on l_orderkey (table lineitem).

        Some doubts
        - Difference between GroupAggregate and Finalize GroupAggregate
        - because some algorithms show measurements on "Disk" and others
        on "Memory" example:
               - External sort Disk: 52784kB
               - quicksort Memory: 47770kB

        Because one execution plan was much smaller than the other,
        considering that the query is the same and the data are the same.
        select
              l_orderkey,
              sum(l_extendedprice * (1 - l_discount)) as revenue,
              o_orderdate,
              o_shippriority
        from
              customer,