Search Postgresql Archives

Using the public schema

Hi,
We will be developing three new applications in PostgreSQL, each having its own database instance running on different hosts. We will only have one schema per Postgres instance. The data is read-write only by one application/schema in the DB instance and the data is published to other
applications via API calls.

In such a standalone database configuration, are there any security implications or any downsides to creating the application in the public schema?

Thanks.