Search Postgresql Archives

Re: dblink: give search_path

On 04/10/2018 11:44 PM, Thiemo Kellner wrote:
Hi all

I try to execute a function not in the Schema I connect to with dblink. Is there way to tell dblink to set search_path in a specific way? I have not found a solution in the documentation. I tried with the set search_path definition in the function declarations to no avail.

https://www.postgresql.org/docs/10/static/contrib-dblink-connect.html

"
Notes

If untrusted users have access to a database that has not adopted a secure schema usage pattern, begin each session by removing publicly-writable schemas from search_path. One could, for example, add options=-csearch_path= to connstr. This consideration is not specific to dblink; it applies to every interface for executing arbitrary SQL commands.
"

or schema qualify the function:

select logger.some_func();

Function Schema: logger