Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Creating complex track changes database - challenge!

I attached what I have got so far. I will setup a shared repository these days.

Zitat von Thiemo Kellner <thiemo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

Hi Lukasz

I am working on a generic (reading the information schema and other database metadata), trigger based solution for SCD tables, i. e. tables that keep (or not according to SCD type) history of the data. However, it is not far grown and I am not having much time to advance it so it evolves very slowly. If you are interested, I would open a sourceforge project or the like and we can work on it together.

I am very much surprised that no database I know of supports SCD/historising tables out of the box. In 16 years as ETL pro I have seen reinvented the wheel all the time... maybe PostgreSQL wants to get a head start on this.

Kind regards

Thiemo

--
+49 (0)1578-772 37 37