Search Postgresql Archives

Re: system catalog permissions

PropAAS DBA <dba@xxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
> We have a client which is segmenting their multi-tenant cluster
> (PostgreSQL 9.6) by schema, however if one of their clients connects via
> pgadmin they see ALL schemas, even the ones they don't have access to
> read. I assume pgadmin is pulling the list from the system catalogs.

> What's the right/best practice approach? revoke all from public on
> specific system catalog tables? Which tables?

Messing with the system catalog permissions is likely to break stuff
you'd rather not break.

PG generally doesn't assume that anything in the system catalogs is
sensitive.  If you don't want user A looking at user B's catalog
entries, give them separate databases, not just separate schemas.

			regards, tom lane