Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Remove default privilege from DB

Dear Charles!

I did search on backup SQL, and I found 4 lines. All of them needed. I reversed them (Revoke to Grant):

ALTER DEFAULT PRIVILEGES FOR ROLE suser grant ALL ON TYPES  to PUBLIC;
ALTER DEFAULT PRIVILEGES FOR ROLE suser grant ALL ON TYPES  to suser;

ALTER DEFAULT PRIVILEGES FOR ROLE suser grant ALL ON functions  to PUBLIC;
ALTER DEFAULT PRIVILEGES FOR ROLE suser grant ALL ON functions  to suser;

And then all lines gone from query, and from "\ddp".

Ok, it's done.

But the question is: WHY?

When I tried to do same thing but only with one line:

This:
ALTER DEFAULT PRIVILEGES FOR ROLE suser grant ALL ON TYPES  to PUBLIC;
Or just this:
ALTER DEFAULT PRIVILEGES FOR ROLE suser grant ALL ON TYPES  to suser;

The result was wrong.

I want to know what happened in the background.
I will make "negative" state if I revoke DefACL without prior grant?

Thank you!

dd