Search Postgresql Archives

Re: I do not get the point of the information_schema

On Tue, Feb 13, 2018 at 3:57 PM, Peter J. Holzer <hjp-pgsql@xxxxxx> wrote:
(That said, it looks like both PostgreSQL and MariaDB include additional
columns beyond those mandated by the standard - you can't rely on those,
of course. And some databases like Oracle don't even have an information
schema.)

​Given the documented charter of information_schema I'd present your conclusion and evidence to pgsql-bugs...while I suppose extra columns are not inherently harmful at minimum they would need to be documented if kept.

David J.