Search Postgresql Archives

pg_dumpall + restore = missing view

During last night's "maintenance window" (er, unplanned loss of
connectivity due to workers diamond-core-drilling through an OC12 as
part of, I kid you not, installation of a new toilet) I upgraded from
7.4.1 to 7.4.6.

Basic method:
Build 7.4.6
Backup db: pg_dumpall > dumpfile
Install: stop 7.4.1/move datadir/install 7.4.6/copy configs
Start: initdb/start PG
Restore: psql -f dumpfile template1

This appears to have all gone well execpt that one view is missing.
I've restored that view by hand but am curious if this is a PG bug or
failure of the nut behind the wheel.

The view involves the union of many tables and its creation failed
because creation of one of the tables does not take place until later
in the dump file.

Ideas?

Cheers,
Steve