Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Regex Replace with 2 conditions

On Tue, 6 Feb 2018 17:57:33 +0100, Francisco Olarte
<folarte@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>So, no question mark sent, I suspect your mail chain may be playing
>tricks on you, or may be you are translating to 7 bits on purpose
>since your mail came with the headers:

><<<
>
>I'll suggest you fix that before participating in threads with unicode
>content. Also, many programs use ? as a placeholder for something not
>in its charset, so always suspect you are not seeing the right char
>when you encounter one of this things.

Usually I do see unicode characters correctly.

My news client defaults to *sending* in ISO-8859-1 (US acsii), but it
displays incoming messages in UTF-8, and in HTML if applicable ... so
I'm not sure why I'm not seeing whatever it was that you actually
typed.  It does keep coming through as a question mark in all the

I read this group through the Gmane mail->news reflector ... maybe
that has something to do with it?

George