Search Postgresql Archives

What is your psql tip?

Folks,

So today I was digging into the backend of PostgresConf.Org which runs on a highly modified version of OSEM (which is an awesome conference platform). I was very quickly losing my mind because the content in the public schema did not match what I was seeing on the website. I checked connection strings, looked for other databases in the cluster and I even checked to see if there was another version of PostgreSQL running. For the life of me, I couldn't figure out where the heck the data went. So here is my psql tip:

Remember \dn ....

My problem was that the latest version of the app actually runs within a schema titled postgresconf vs public. Of course what is worse is I remember requesting that to happen. That said, that is my psql tip for the day, remember to check things like \dn if you don't recall exactly where you may have put something!

Jolly Good,

JD

PostgreSQL centered full stack support, consulting and development.
Advocate: @amplifypostgres || Learn: https://postgresconf.org
*****     Unless otherwise stated, opinions are my own.   *****