Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Possible hang in 10.1 with JSON query over partially indexed partitions

Paul Jones <admin@xxxxxxxxxx> writes:
> I may have discovered a situation in 10.1 where EXECUTEing a PREPARED
> statement acting on JSON data in partitioned tables hangs in an
> infinite loop for a particular set of data.  Unfortunately, the data is
> proprietary, so I did the best I could below to describe what happened.

You haven't provided any real reason to think that this represents an
infinite loop and not just a really slow query.  The query's filter
conditions are complex enough to render the planner's estimates basically
works of fiction :-(, so I have no faith in the estimates suggesting that
only a relatively small number of rows will get processed.  It's
definitely making some progress, because your successive backtraces
show different blocks getting read.

			regards, tom lane