Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Certifications in military environment

Actually I think he was asking about the software being certified for military use. I don't believe this has been done, however, I know that postgresql was included in a recent (I believe DOD) report about open source software being

PostgreSQL is use in several branches of the government. Including:

Sandia Labs
Forestry Service
Navy
Army
NOAA

It is also used by several states including:

Utah and California

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake

used within the government. One company you might want to contact is http://www.devis.com who has done a number of different projects with the government. Hope this helps, and if you do get a definitive answer, please post your finding to the -advocacy group.

--
Command Prompt, Inc., home of PostgreSQL Replication, and plPHP.
+1-503-667-4564 - jd@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx - http://www.commandprompt.com
begin:vcard
fn:Joshua D. Drake
n:Drake;Joshua D.
org:Command Prompt, Inc.
adr:;;PO Box 215;Cascade Locks;Oregon;97014;USA
email;internet:jd@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
title:Consultant
tel;work:503-667-4564
tel;fax:503-210-0334
note:Command Prompt, Inc. is the largest and oldest US based commercial PostgreSQL support provider. We  provide the only commercially viable integrated PostgreSQL replication solution, but also custom programming, and support. We authored  the book Practical PostgreSQL, the procedural language plPHP, and adding trigger capability to plPerl.
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
url:http://www.commandprompt.com/
version:2.1
end:vcard