Search Postgresql Archives

Re: pg_upgrading to 10.1 corrupts (varchar,varchar) UNIQUE indices

On 12/22/2017 07:43 PM, Peter Geoghegan wrote:
I have no idea. Maybe something to do with not actually using the same collation provider?

The freebsd package contains modifications to make icu work, or at least did. Possibly, you just stopped using the same collation provider, without even realizing it, because they switched over to a new provider without accounting for pg_upgrade. If so, then that's a bug in the package. This is a total speculation, but makes a certain amount of sense to me.

Exactly!

9.6.6 port options include ICU:
OPTIONS_FILE_UNSET+=DEBUG
OPTIONS_FILE_UNSET+=DTRACE
OPTIONS_FILE_UNSET+=GSSAPI
OPTIONS_FILE_SET+=ICU
OPTIONS_FILE_SET+=INTDATE
OPTIONS_FILE_UNSET+=LDAP
OPTIONS_FILE_UNSET+=NLS
OPTIONS_FILE_UNSET+=OPTIMIZED_CFLAGS
OPTIONS_FILE_UNSET+=PAM
OPTIONS_FILE_UNSET+=SSL
OPTIONS_FILE_SET+=TZDATA
OPTIONS_FILE_SET+=XML
OPTIONS_FILE_UNSET+=MIT_KRB5
OPTIONS_FILE_UNSET+=HEIMDAL_KRB5

10.1 options don't:
OPTIONS_FILE_UNSET+=DEBUG
OPTIONS_FILE_UNSET+=DTRACE
OPTIONS_FILE_UNSET+=GSSAPI
OPTIONS_FILE_SET+=INTDATE
OPTIONS_FILE_UNSET+=LDAP
OPTIONS_FILE_UNSET+=NLS
OPTIONS_FILE_UNSET+=OPTIMIZED_CFLAGS
OPTIONS_FILE_UNSET+=PAM
OPTIONS_FILE_UNSET+=SSL
OPTIONS_FILE_SET+=TZDATA
OPTIONS_FILE_SET+=XML

Thank you and others who have responded so much for your tips!