Search Postgresql Archives

Re: How to know if a database has changed

Am 11.12.2017 um 17:48 schrieb marcelo:
The installation I'm planning will manage several databases, but not all of them will change every day. In order to planning/scripting the pg_dump usage, I would need to know which databases had some change activity at the end of some day.
How can it be done?
TIA

I think you can use logical replication. Take a view at https://github.com/eulerto/wal2json (for instance, there are other solutions available), just capture the wal and check for changes for every database.

it's just a rough idea...

Regards, Andreas

--
2ndQuadrant - The PostgreSQL Support Company.
www.2ndQuadrant.com