Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Schema Information .

On Mon, Dec 4, 2017 at 9:17 AM, Brahmam Eswar <brahmam1234@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi ,

Is there anyway to pull the complete information of tables in a particular schema .

Table_Name ,Num_Rows,Columns,Indexed_Columns,Triggers.

The context of this request is ,we are migrating the database from Oracle to PostgreSQl,,so we need to verify the data after perform data migration from oracle.

--
Thanks & Regards,
Brahmeswara Rao J.

>Is there anyway to pull the complete information of tables in a particular schema .

The following query will give you all the tables and columns in a schema:

SELECT n.nspname AS schema,
             c.relname AS table,
             a.attname AS column,
             a.attnum   AS col_pos
  FROM pg_namespace n
    JOIN  pg_class c ON c.relnamespace = n.oid
    JOIN  pg_attribute a ON a.attrelid = c.oid
 WHERE n.nspname = 'your_schema'
       AND relkind = 'r'
       AND a.attnum > 0
ORDER BY 1, 2, 4;

To obtain information about indexed columns and triggers, you will also need to query
pg_index and pg_trigger

https://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.6/static/catalogs.html

You might also find it easier to look at the information_schema

https://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.6/static/information-schema.html

--
Melvin Davidson