Search Postgresql Archives

Re: large numbers of inserts out of memory strategy

On Tue, Nov 28, 2017 at 12:38 PM, Tomas Vondra <tomas.vondra@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
So what does the script actually do? Because psql certainly is not
running pl/pgsql procedures on it's own. We need to understand why
you're getting OOM in the first place - just inserts alone should not
cause failures like that. Please show us more detailed explanation of
what the load actually does, so that we can try reproducing it.

Perhaps the script is one giant insert statement?

—Brian