Search Postgresql Archives

Re: - Regarding Schema ROLLBACK

On Tue, Nov 28, 2017 at 7:23 AM, VENKTESH GUTTEDAR <venkteshguttedar@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hello All,

    I have run CREATE SCHEMA xyz accidentally, and it replaced my existing schema (xyz) with tables, and i have lost all my data.

    Is there any way to rollback or get the schema back with old tables and data.

    Any help would be appreciated.

--
Regards :
Venktesh Guttedar.

>Is there any way to rollback or get the schema back with old tables and data.

Hopefully you have a pg_dump of the database or schema.
If it in in plain format, you can edit the dump and recover the tables that way.
If it is in custom format, you can use the -l option to list and edit, then restore with -L option.

Otherwise, your next option would be trying to use PITR recovery, providing you have available WAL files.

--
Melvin Davidson