Search Postgresql Archives

Re: pg on Debian servers

On Sat, 2017-11-11 at 14:23 +0000, Mark Morgan Lloyd wrote:
> I think that the "preventing upgrades" route is the one to follow,
> since inhibiting the restart would obviously present a risk that
> something loaded dynamically could get out of step. As an at least
> temporary hack I've disabled unattended updates using
>
> # systemctl disable unattended-upgrades.service

Unattended-upgrades is configurable and allows whitelisting package
origins, as well as blacklisting packages so that they never get
upgraded automatically (you can still upgrade them manually, of
course).

See /etc/apt/apt.conf.d/50unattended-upgrades (the default version of
that file includes documentation as comments).

Also see the unattended-upgrade(8) manpage, and the on/off switch in
/etc/apt/apt.conf.d/20auto-upgrades

--
Jan Claeys