Search Postgresql Archives

Re: libpq: PQreset not reconnecting connection, even though server is running

I wrote:
> I'm guessing (from "incomplete startup packet") that the connection
> created by the new thread never actually succeeded, is that the
> problem? Will PQreset only work on a connection that had previously
> connected successfully?

And as soon as I hit "send" on this email light dawned: the code that
calls our "creates db connection" function is not checking the return
value correctly, and PQreset fails because our that function wipes out
the connection object (assuming that it cannot be used).

Sorry to waste bandwidth.

Geoff