Search Postgresql Archives

Re: PostgreSQL on Guest Host (VMWare)

On 11/15/2004 5:05 PM, ON.KG wrote:
Hi!

VMware 4.0
Main host is WinXP Pro (on FAT32)
and Guest Host is WinXP Pro (on NTFS)

I hope you're running the guest with fully preallocated virtual disks. Any FAT inconsistency caused by a system crash could destroy your entire guest otherwise.

On Guest Host - PostgreSQL 8.0-beta2-dev3

From Main host i'm trying to connect to PostgreSQL to Guest host
But as a result i'm receiving next message:

Connection Refused (0x0000274D/10061)
Is the server running on host xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx and accepting TCP/IP
connections on port 5432?

Tell me please, what is the problem?

Windows XP has some basic firewall functionality. Could it be that this is blocking inbound access on the Guest side?

Jan