Search Postgresql Archives

Re: pg_ident mapping Kerberos Usernames

On 09/11/2017 08:51 AM, rob stone wrote:

Hi Rob,

How would that work? I was under the impression the first column was
for socket type and limited to
local, host, hostssl, and hostnossl?

Thunderbird's config has been fixed, so here is the line from
pg_hba.conf line without the
formatting issues:

host all all 192.168.1.0/24 gss include_realm=1 map=testnet
krb_realm=A.DOMAIN.TLD

Thanks,
Ryan

Hello Ryan,

I'm probably incorrect about this as I don't use pg_ident but my
understanding is that each line in pg_ident consists of three fields
being:-

mask-name external-credentials internal-credentials

so that the external log-on is converted to its Postgres log-on and
then the mask-name is used to find a line in pg_hba.conf to verify that
the external-credentials were submitted from an allowable IP address.

Maybe somebody more knowledgeable than myself could provide a better
example.

Cheers,
Rob

Hi Rob,

That's my understanding of the syntax and workflow from the reading and small experiments I've done as well.

There's two of us, so we're on our way to a consensus. :)

Thanks!

Ryan