Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Schema/table replication

> On Sep 6, 2017, at 6:00 AM, Marcin Giedz <marcin.giedz@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> Hi, is there any way (3rd party software) to replicate particular schema/table not the whole database with streaming replication built-in mechanism ?

I don't believe so. You can do that with logical replication in v10 - https://www.postgresql.org/docs/10/static/logical-replication.html.

pglogical will give you much the same functionality on current releases. https://www.2ndquadrant.com/en/resources/pglogical/ - installation isn't too painful (though the docs are a little sparse when it comes to which node you should run which command on. Make the postgres.conf changes on master and slave nodes, as slave nodes need replication slots too(?)).

There are a bunch of trigger-based replication frameworks that'll work too, though less efficiently - Slony is widely used, and I used Bucardo successfully for years before moving to pglogical.

Cheers,
  Steve