Search Postgresql Archives

Re: How to check streaming replication status

On 31-08-2017 12:14, Glyn Astill wrote:
From: Condor <condor@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: Glyn Astill <glynastill@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: "pgsql-general@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <pgsql-general@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>;
"pgsql-general-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx"
<pgsql-general-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, 31 August 2017, 09:42:17 GMT+1
Subject: Re:  How to check streaming replication status

My question is: How I can check the replication status when the
slave
does not accept connections ?

That's right for a server in recovery you need to call
pg_last_xlog_receive_location() or pg_last_xlog_replay_location()
get the current xlog position.

Yes,
but my question is how to call them when Im unable to connect with
slave
even when
replication is over. How I can ask the slave server: Are you in
recovery
mode ?

Define "unable to connect", in your previous example you appeared to
be connected to the slave and attempting to call
pg_current_xlog_location() ...

If you want to know if postgres is in recovery call
pg_is_in_recovery()

https://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/static/functions-admin.html

What is the last wal file send from master, which file you processing
now ?
How far behind you ?

As I ask:  My question is: How I can check the replication status
when
the slave does not accept connections ?

Again I think you need to define "the slave does not accept
connections".

If you've not configured the slave to be a hot standby, then try
setting hot_standby=on in postgresql.conf on the slave.  If you don't
want to do that you can run the pg_controldata executable on the slave
to see the cluster state.

You should also be able to see streaming replication slave lag on the
master by looking at pg_stat_replication and using
pg_xlog_location_diff()

hth

Yes,
it's seems my mistake. I did not change the first part of ip address and trying to query test slave server which is connected to different master server.
It's will be wondering if it work ...

Sorry