Search Postgresql Archives

Re: PostGreSQL Timeout, auto shutdown and Pkey errors

On 06/30/2017 11:35 AM, Niel Smith wrote:

Please reply to list also.
Ccing list.

Also to help with replies in the future could you change your posting style to something like:

Thanks.

What version of Postgres and where did you get it? This Was from postgresSQL 9.5

 > I'm not sure where this was downloaded from this was
> installed on the server before I started with the company I work for. my
 > guess is from the postgreSQL website

OS and version?
  >this is running a windows 7 embedded OS.

Do you have anti-virus software running on this machine?

Which logs?

 >From the PostgreSQL logs.

A timeout expired, probably on client side.
Where are the clients relative to the server, local network or Internet?
  > Local network

Where are the above coming from as I can not find a reference to readCurIndex in either the Postgres or psqodbc code?

  >This is from a Log
  > called Trace and it comes from my Central Storage interface

What is Central Storage?

Timestamp: 6/20/2017 3:09:15 PM
Message: Error during indexfile unfixed fields readCurIndex: 3292CurFileNum: 550
Severity: Error, Machine: DIRELIANT2,  Thread Name: SQLThreadPM
Process Name: C:\Program Files\Dynamic Instruments, Inc\Digital Recorder\DICSInterface\DICSInterface.exe
Timestamp: 6/21/2017 4:51:05 AM
Message: Error during indexfile unfixed fields readCurIndex: 6249CurFileNum: 550
Severity: Error, Machine: DIRELIANT2,  Thread Name: SQLThreadPM
Process Name: C:\Program Files\Dynamic Instruments, Inc\Digital Recorder\DICSInterface\DICSInterface.exe

So the above is this third party instrument, correct?:

http://www.officer.com/company/10028921/dynamic-instruments

If so you might want to get in touch with them, as this looks to be coming from their software.

Timestamp: 6/21/2017 9:43:28 AM
Message: Exception during making connection to databaseDriver={PostgreSQL UNICODE};Server=127.0.0.1;Port=5432;UID=postgres;PWD=root;Database=postgres;ERROR [08001] timeout expired

That looks fairly straight forward the connection attempt timed out.

The question is why?

Do you see anything in the Postgres logs from this time period that might help?

Do you have network issues that might prevent the device from connecting in a timely fashion?

Is there any consistency to when these errors occur?

at System.Data.Odbc.OdbcConnection.HandleError(OdbcHandle hrHandle, RetCode retcode) at System.Data.Odbc.OdbcConnectionHandle..ctor(OdbcConnection connection, OdbcConnectionString constr, OdbcEnvironmentHandle environmentHandle) at System.Data.Odbc.OdbcConnectionOpen..ctor(OdbcConnection outerConnection, OdbcConnectionString connectionOptions) at System.Data.Odbc.OdbcConnectionFactory.CreateConnection(DbConnectionOptions options, Object poolGroupProviderInfo, DbConnectionPool pool, DbConnection owningObject) at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionFactory.CreateNonPooledConnection(DbConnection owningConnection, DbConnectionPoolGroup poolGroup) at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionFactory.GetConnection(DbConnection owningConnection) at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionClosed.OpenConnection(DbConnection outerConnection, DbConnectionFactory connectionFactory)
    at System.Data.Odbc.OdbcConnection.Open()
at DICSInterface.DISQL.ConnectToSQL(OdbcConnection& conn, String DatabaseType, String IPAddress)
Severity: Critical, Machine: DIRELIANT2,  Thread Name:
Process Name: C:\Program Files\Dynamic Instruments, Inc\Digital Recorder\DICSInterface\DICSInterface.exe

Niel Smith - Support Technician

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@xxxxxxxxxxx