Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Postgres 10 Beta1 - pg_upgrade fails on Windows 10

Adrian Klaver schrieb am 26.05.2017 um 23:41:
If that's coming from port/dynloader/win32.c, as I think it must be
because the non-conformant-to-message-style-guidelines phrase "unknown
error" appears nowhere else in our tree, then that's an error code that
FormatMessage doesn't recognize.  Anybody have a clue what it means?

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/ms681382(v=vs.85).aspx

"The System Error Codes are very broad. Each one can occur in one of
many hundreds of locations in the system. Consequently the
descriptions of these codes cannot be very specific. Use of these
codes requires some amount of investigation and analysis. You need to
note both the programmatic and the run-time context in which these
errors occur. Because these codes are defined in WinError.h for
anyone to use, sometimes the codes are returned by non-system
software. Sometimes the code is returned by a function deep in the
stack and far removed from your code that is handling the error."

ERROR_MOD_NOT_FOUND

     126 (0x7E)

     The specified module could not be found.

I thought so as well, but as I said the "trace" from ProcessMonitor didn't show any errors.

It didn't even log an attempt to load that dll.