Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Have just libpg installer

On 05/23/2017 07:45 PM, Igor Korot wrote:
Adrian,

On Tue, May 23, 2017 at 7:28 PM, Adrian Klaver
<adrian.klaver@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 05/23/2017 04:15 PM, Igor Korot wrote:

Adrian,

On Tue, May 23, 2017 at 5:52 PM, Adrian Klaver
<adrian.klaver@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On 05/23/2017 09:12 AM, Igor Korot wrote:

Yes, I mean libpq.
Now yes, I can install it from the package manager or from source by
just running
../configure and then make inside src/interface, since I can't find
the binaries anywhere.

Your second sentence is at odds with your first one. You can find the
binaries, they are in the packages.

Still not sure what the conditions are that lead to building from source?

Because I can't find libpg.so or libpg.dylib or libpg.Framework anywhere.

Not sure if they are there, but if they are you would find them as libpq* (NOTE the q not g).

Is there a place to get them?

Especially for OSX as I have 10.8 here.

What is the exact issue with OS X?

You want a specific version of Postgres or something else?

No.
The reason being: mySQL Connector has binaries for different OSX version.

But I guess PostgreSQL is different.

Well libpq is backwards compatible over Postgres versions. Not sure that it really cares about the OS X version.

Now, what about Windows? Is there any prebuilt libraries I can use
from MSVC 2010?

I tend to keep a 10' pole length away from Windows, so I am probably not the
best person to answer this. Though that has not stopped me before, so:

https://www.enterprisedb.com/download-postgresql-binaries

Is it for server or for a client?

It is just a zip file of the binaries installed by the one click installer. One of those binaries is psql.exe.

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@xxxxxxxxxxx