Search Postgresql Archives

Re: PSQL command line print speed

CCing the list.

Adrian:

On Wed, May 17, 2017 at 6:58 PM, Adrian Myers <hadrianmyers@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> That is a great question, and no, I'm not. This is on Windows and I see this
> with normal cmd.exe and ConEmu but I have been using ConEmu for some time
> and have not looked into settings there. Thanks for that suggestion.

I do not know what ConEmu is, and have being out of windows since w2k.
But I do remember that, although windows console windows where great (
when using their api ) their terminal  emulation capabilities where
not that good, and some times they did things like slow ( aka "smooth"
) scroll and similar things which greatly impaired their performance.

I would test that ConEmu with some simple program. If you have a
classic cat it would be nice ( not type, which is internal, or any
windows program which maybe skipping stdin and goin directly to the
console api , even a simple 'while((c=getc())!=EOF) putc(c)' should be
fast if the console/redirections is not playing tricks.

You can also test with a single table, single text field, put a
several pages text value there and select it. If it is slow, I would
bet for terminal emulator problems.

Francisco Olarte.