Search Postgresql Archives

Re: views and fdw usage and performance

On May 9, 2017, at 7:11 PM, Adrian Klaver <adrian.klaver@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On 05/09/2017 05:02 PM, armand pirvu wrote:
>> Well
>> Jt1 is prod and jt2 is dev
>
> You are talking schemas, not databases, correct?

Correct

>> Before someone pushes to prod it does work in dev. The jdbc connection
>
> That would concern me, as anything bad that happened in the dev schema could bring the entire database to its knees, including the prod schema.
>
> How does data get into the prod schema if the connection is to the dev schema?

If you are a user in say category  B you get to dev where you do your thing. If you deem okay you push to prod.
If you are a user in say category A you get to prod

>> routes to jt2. In the mean time it wad needed that some tables in prod are synced at all times from dev. Hence the view/fdw.
>> What I meant by connections was more to say the type of load or users doing something in each schema.
>
> The issue being that if you are pushing data from jt2 --> jt1 you are also pushing the load in the same direction.

I see but short of using something like Slony in between the  two schemas I don’t see a pretty simple choice

>> So my questions still remain

And about the plan from the fdw am I right or wrong ? I am inclined to say I am right based on the numbers in the timings