Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Column rename in an extension update script

Le 03/05/2017 à 19:29, Tom Lane a écrit :
Adrian Klaver <adrian.klaver@xxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
On 04/30/2017 11:54 PM, Philippe BEAUDOIN wrote:
Just after the ALTER TABLE statement, I want to access this table. But
at this time, the altered column is not visible with its new name.
  From the error it looks to me like the statements are each run in a
separate session and the UPDATE is not seeing the ALTER TABLE.
No, it's in the same session; the problem is the lack of a
CommandCounterIncrement call between the ALTER's update and the parsing
of the next statement.  That means the update isn't visible yet,
even in its own session.  See the fix here:

https://git.postgresql.org/gitweb/?p=postgresql.git;a=commitdiff;h=9209e07605afe0349660447f20d83ef165cdd0ae

			regards, tom lane
Thanks Tom for the fix. And thanks to Julien and Adrian too, for the time spent on this issue.

Regards.