Search Postgresql Archives

Re: PostgreSQL Required Monitoring

On Fri, Apr 28, 2017 at 4:39 PM, Andrew Kerber <andrew.kerber@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I am a fairly experienced Oracle DBA, and we are starting to move in to the PostgreSQL world.  I would expect the standard monitoring items are required for mission critical postgres apps, Ie, disk space, wal log space, log monitoring, process counts,software running, connection available on the correct port, CPU usage.

Are there additional PostgreSQL specific items that need to be monitored?  if so, what items?

​In addition to what has already been mentioned I also monitor pg_locks .​ Not just counts but also mode, duration and non granted locks.

**** DISCLAIMER ****

http://www.tvh.com/glob/en/email-disclaimer

"This message is delivered to all addressees subject to the conditions
set forth in the attached disclaimer, which is an integral part of this
message."