Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Nice to have features: Percentage function

On 04/15/2017 10:47 PM, Ron Ben wrote:
Hi,
I'm always finiding myself writing many varations of functions to
calculate percentage.
I think it would be nice if postgresql would have build in functions for
that.

If you have already written the functions, why not just use them?

To make them available across a cluster install them in a template database(www.postgresql.org/docs/9.6/static/manage-ag-templatedbs.html) and create your new databases using that. The default template is the template1 database, but you can create your own.

I think the major functionality is something like the 3 ooptions here:
https://percentagecalculator.net/

It may help to keep code simple and clean and it seem like something
simple to implement.

If you think it's a good idea it would be nice if someone can implement
this.

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@xxxxxxxxxxx