Search Postgresql Archives

Postgres Permissions Article

Hi All,

I wrote a blog post about the Postgres permissions system, and I thought I'd share:

http://illuminatedcomputing.com/posts/2017/03/postgres-permissions/

The main point I wanted to convey, which I somehow never grasped confidently from reading the docs or other articles, is how permissions are purely additive. Also I wanted to gather in one place how to *see the current permissions*, which seems to be missing/incomplete in many other articles. Anyway, maybe it will be helpful for some of you! Or for the true experts, if you see any errors, I'd be happy to know so I can correct them.

I also shared a few opinions amidst the facts (like that `USAGE` for schemas doesn't add much), so I am very pleased to have those challenged. You can consider them my own outstanding questions. I'd be especially grateful for any feedback there.

Yours,
Paul