Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Postgres

On 2/10/2017 10:48 PM, prakash ramakrishnan wrote:
Am Prakash from Chennai and am working in postgres edb 9.5 I need your help for pgpool and pgbouncer configuration steps and please keep in touch if I get any error.

I can't imagine any scenario where you'd use pgpool and pgbouncer together. they are both connection poolers. pgpool also does a lot of other stuff, while pgbouncer sticks with just doing pooling, and doing it very well.

configuration steps would depend on exactly what configuration you need, but in a nutshell, edit the config file for the pooler of your choice, and run it. first step would be to read the documentation.

http://www.pgpool.net/mediawiki/index.php/Documentation

https://pgbouncer.github.io/   (lower left side, multiple links)