Search Postgresql Archives

Re: intentional or oversight? pg_dump -c does not restore default priviliges on schema public

Hi Tom/Stephen/Adrian,

Op zaterdag 11 februari 2017 15:28:55 schreef Tom Lane:
> I'm inclined to argue that it was a mistake to include any non-pinned
> objects in pg_init_privs.
<cut>
> We might need to fix pg_dump too, but I think these entries in
> pg_init_privs should simply not be there.

Thanks for picking this up, I'll probably see this subject pop up on hackers
and/or committers at some point ;)

Allow me to emphasize that this issue basically means that for v9.6 after
restoring a dump created with the '-c' option one ends up in a situation that
might be quite confusing for users that didn't have to pay much attention yet
to handling priviliges... i.e. trying even a plain select on table_a in the
public schema as a non-system user returns something like:
	ERROR:  relation "table_a" does not exist

--

Best,

Frank.