Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Fwd: I could not see any row in audit table

On 01/25/2017 09:57 AM, Shailesh Singh wrote:
Dear Adrian Klaver,

I have used pg_dump to take backup
eg: pg_dump my_db > /dbbackup/audit_table.sql

To be clear you dumped the entire database, not just the audit table, correct?

Meant to ask before, are you dumping/restoring between the same Postgres version, if so what version would that be?

If not what versions are we talking about and which version of pg_dump did you use?

And

I have restored it using psql command

eg: psql my_test_db < /dbbackup/audit_table.sql

before it has had also created necessay hstore extension for my new db
"*my_test_db*"

Again, just to be clear, you created the hstore extension in the new database and then restored the data, correct?

There is no error while restoring data.

The data is in the audit_table.sql file?

After Restoring when i issued select count(*) from audit.logged_actions
; , it shows zero row count ,

Some thing related to *toastble *i found as my table uses extended data
type size , but till now not able to view data after restoring.

Looking at the table schema, there are non-toastable fields in it also, so I would except you would see something or get an error when you did the select. I don't think this is a TOAST problem.

On Wed, Jan 25, 2017 at 7:56 PM, Adrian Klaver