Search Postgresql Archives

Cannot recover from backup on barman

Hello everyone,

I need to recover some partial data from a old backup.

The recover went smoothly up until the time to start the server, I cannot start the server.

LOG:  invalid primary checkpoint record
LOG:  invalid secondary checkpoint record
PANIC:  could not locate a valid checkpoint record
LOG:  startup process (PID 30975) was terminated by signal 6: Aborted

Well after some research, I was suggested to use the pg_resetxlog tool from postgres-xc, but people also advise against it.

Can anyone show me how to properly identify the problem with my backup? I am also worried that my backups are not being properly made.

Regards,
Alfredo Palhares