Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Request to share approach during REINDEX operation

On Wed, Dec 21, 2016 at 8:43 AM, Yogesh Sharma <yogeshraj95@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I have responded on previously mail.

apparently you started two separate threads...

In my production system, there are lot of read write operation performed every hour.

That still doesn't answer why you feel you need to run reindex every hour. Do you have some measurements that show the index is bloating, or not performing well?

I have a database that does hundreds of millions of insert/update per day, and I *never* run reindex because it is unnecessary.