Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Windows installation - could not connect to server: Connection refused (0x0000274D/10061)

On 12/16/2016 07:01 AM, Thomas.Deboben.ext@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
Von:        Adrian Klaver <adrian.klaver@xxxxxxxxxxx>
An:        Thomas.Deboben.ext@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx,
pgsql-general@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Datum:        09.12.2016 22:21
Betreff:        Re:  Windows installation - could not connect
to server: Connection refused (0x0000274D/10061)

This has worked for different version, but now we get sometimes trouble

Which version did it work on?
I'm working with PostgreSQL 9.5.0.1.
We download the Win x86-32 and Win x86-64 installation packages from
http://www.enterprisedb.com/products-services-training/pgdownload#windows

That is what you are using now but what where you using when, from first post:

"This has worked for different version, but now we get sometimes trouble ..."

So far I wasn't able to reproduce this error by my self, but I know from
about 5 issues inside the last month.
As I'm not able to reproduce I would appreciate any help from you to
find out what causes this error.

The error is pretty straight forward the server cannot be found at
localhost on port 5432, so:
Yes we use the standard port 5432

1) Do you know that the server is actually up and running at the point
you run the scripts?
Atually I havn't really checked when the installer will start the service.
And as I said, I'm not able to get this error reproduced.

Seems it would be helpful to put something in the script to check the server status and log it before trying to connect to it.

2) Is the server listening on port 5432?
Yes.

3) Is Windows properly mapping localhost?
Yes.

When I got remote access to these machines after some time
the service was running and I could lauch the sql script from pgAdmin
without any problem.

To me indicates this is an order of execution issue. The script is running the connect/create scripts before the server is up and available for connections.

All installations do run on Windows 7 Pro x64.

Best regards,
   Thomas Deboben

--
Adrian Klaver