Search Postgresql Archives

Re: huge table occupation after updates

On Saturday, December 10, 2016, Tom DalPozzo <t.dalpozzo@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

​I have one direct DB client (let's name it MIDAPP) only. This client of the DB is a server for up to 10000 final clients.
Any time MIDAPP is going to reply to a client, it must save a "status record with some data" related to that client and only after that, answering /committing the final client.
The next time the same final client will ask something, the same status record will be updated again (with a different content).

Why do you want to pay for concurrency control when you don't seem to need it?  While PostgreSQL likely can do what you need I suspect there are applications out there that can solve this specific problem better.  Even something as simple as a flat file, one per "final client", written atomically and fsynced after each write/rename.

David J,