Search Postgresql Archives

Re: When to use COMMENT vs --

On Thu, 8 Dec 2016, Charles Clavadetscher wrote:

IMHO the fact mentioned by Chris Travers that comments on objects included
in the database can be used by tools to generate the documentation is
probably the most important (besides their being persisted).

Charles,

  Chris' contribution was the only one to answer my question.

As a matter of fact we have integrated this feature to extract comments to
generate the DB documentation in our internal MediaWiki based wiki.

  I'm not sure this is applicable to me. One project is for my business use,
the other for clients who will see only the entire application.

Thanks for explaining,

Rich