Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Problems Importing table to pgadmin

On 12/7/2016 4:54 PM, metaresolve wrote:
Choking: I get the "Waiting for the query execution to complete" circling
around for a while. I tried shutting it down and trying again but it's still
freezing on the execution. But if the TB are accurate, I wonder why it's
slowing on this? Any thoughts?

note database write performance on a windows desktop system thats probably using one desktop hard drive is going to be a LOT slower than a proper dedicated database server.

inserting lots of rows into a table that has a multiple indexes is also quite time consuming. in fact, if you're starting with an empty table, don't create ANY indexes til AFTER you populate the table with data, and before doing the CREATE INDEX, make sure 'maintenance_work_mem' is like 1GB.