Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Postgresql 9.6 and Big Data

On 12/2/2016 12:19 AM, Job wrote:
We need to archive this data to generate report and analysis views.

on top of what Stephen said, I'd do as much preprocessing, and preaggregation as possible to simplify and speed up those report/analysis views.... for instance, storing min/max/mean rollups per hour, per day, per month could mean the difference between a billion row seq scan that takes hours and a few second query to graph a given time range.