Search Postgresql Archives

Re: query locks up when run concurrently

On 11/23/2016 10:26 PM, azhwkd wrote:
I'm sorry. I worded this quite poorly. I meant to say that there were
no log lines added to the postgres logfile at the time.
I hope these are the settings you were refferring to (I did not change
anything in the config files vs. the default)

log_destination = 'stderr'
logging_collector = off
log_directory = 'pg_log'
log_filename = 'postgresql-%Y-%m-%d_%H%M%S.log'
log_file_mode = 0600
log_truncate_on_rotation = off
log_rotation_age = 1d
log_rotation_size = 10MB
syslog_facility = 'LOCAL0'
syslog_ident = 'postgres'
event_source = 'PostgreSQL'
client_min_messages = notice
log_min_messages = warning
log_min_error_statement = error
log_min_duration_statement = -1
debug_print_parse = off
debug_print_rewritten = off
debug_print_plan = off
debug_pretty_print = on
log_checkpoints = off
log_connections = off
log_disconnections = off
log_duration = off
log_error_verbosity = default
log_hostname = off
log_line_prefix = '%t '
log_lock_waits = off
log_statement = 'none'
log_temp_files = -1
log_timezone = 'UTC'

While troubleshooting this I would enable log_connections and log_disconnections and change log_statement to 'mod'. This will help you see when and what is happening when you do the concurrent queries. FYI, you need reload the server to have the changes be seen.

I'm sorry, it seems like I copied the trigger definition from the
wrong table (item_history is a test table I created yesterday while
trying things which is exactly the same as group_history just a
different name).
The trigger on the group_history table is exactly the same though,
except for the table name.

Kind regards,
Sebastian

--